Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Thursday, October 26, 2006

saabar

Hey all! I love Thursdays for some reason I always have good days. more on that later.

yesterday we had a dance party at the center. We had a whole bunch of drummers come in and play for us. We invited our families and we all hung around for a couple hours in the afternoon and danced. It was super fun. I danced a bit. it was hot go figure. I got dressed up in a senegalese outfit that I borrowed from my sister. Photos to come later. After the Saabar(dance) We all went out to get some beers and food. I had a burger! not bad. I got to chat with one of my new neighbors an agfo volunteer who lives about 10k away from my village near Kaffrine. It was good to get his stories.

Today Was just good. Had language class and an extra tutoring session for practice. I think i am doing pretty well. Slow but i get the right words out in the right order most of the time. This afternoon we planted more mangos. Then there was a soccer game the trainees against the trainers. i didnt play but i cheered. the trainers won 2-0. oh well. alright it is getting to be time for dinner. now that ramadan is over we eat earlier and that means i go to bed earlier...yay! Talk to you all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home