Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Training

the intensive language training has begun. I have classes in Wolof 4 hours a day. There is so much to learn. My host mom has been really good abut helping me with the lang. We probably sat down and talked for an hour last night. We didnt talk about that much but I really learned new vocab.

Let me tell you a little about my house. It is cement with tile floor. We have a tv but we only get one channel. The young and the restless is on at 10pm but its about 3 years old. There is also some spanish soap on that EVERYONE here watches. It is a pretty sleezy one. Anyway... We have a couch. Windows with bars but no screens (i have a mosquito net) we have 2 turkeys. They asked me if i had turkeys at home and thought it was weird that i didnt. we also have pidgons...maybe 10 of them. One thing I can say is that it is hot hot hot. I wake up in a pool of sweat. I know it isnt a pretty thought but I am getting used to it. Well I am off to break the fast with my family. chat with you soon.

for right now I am good on stuff...i will definitely know when i want some packages :) I always appreciate mail though. I am also working on the photo thing. it is so slow here so i am looking into my options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home