Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Friday, September 22, 2006

Jai arrivé

I made it. The 2 days in philly went well. I got to meet all of the people I am now in Sénégal with. We had a lot of fun doing ice breakers and going out to eat our last american meals for a while. After going to the clinic for shots; we hopped on a bus to NY and then got on the plane. The flight over here wasnt bad. Of course I didnt sleep much so I arrived to a full day of activity exausted.

we all made it through immigration and coustoms and got on a bus to thies. we were greated with drums and singing which got my blood flowing and i woke me up a bit. I was honestly so tired that i dont really remember what we did yesterday... met our teachers; did some paper work. i did get a chance to take a little nap. we ate dinner and then went to bet under the mosquito net.

breakfast is from 7 to 8. We had bread and jam and tea: then we had a class called survival wolof. learned greetings. then we had a session on medical stuff and got our medical kits which have everything we could possibly need. We were joind by the ambassador for lunch. we ate millet and fish and had an apple for dessert. It wasnt bad. everything has a little bit of spice. I guess what we eat isnt as weird as how we eat. We take our shoes off sit on a mat and all eat out of a big bowl. for right now we use spoons but we are going to learn how to use our hands. ok well i have just been informed that it is time to eat again so i am off. i am just getting used to a new keyboard so bare with me. lots of love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home