Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Monday, September 24, 2007

walking around London

The day before yesterday, I had a very busy day. i took the tube into the city center and walked along the river Thames. I saw the Tower bridge, the London Eye (which is this huge Farris wheel that I guess gives you a great view of the city- the line was too long so i didn't go on it), the parliment building, Buckingham palace and Westminster abbey. I also walked through a couple of parks. It was a very busy day in town because they closed off all the streets in central London for bike use. there were bikers everywhere--it was nice. Then I met up with Elis and we watched an organ player in westminster abbey. It was really cool and the organist was I guess one of the best they have had. We had a great Chinese dinner and then went to a posh bar and watched some live music.

Yesterday we took the canal boat into Camden. That was really nice because we passed all these crazy big houses. Camden was really cool with all these little boutiques selling everything from food to clothing. It is apparently a very hip part of London. we went into this crazy raver store that was covered in black lights and florescent clothes...never seen anything like it. We walked from Camden up to Primrose Hill...where all the famous people live. It also gives you a great view of all of London.

Last night we at a lovely dinner of bread and cheese and then we (just Bryn and I) went dancing. We went to this swing club that Bryn used to frequent. There was a class and then dancing. I have a few steps down and found a couple of guys who were willing to help me. I learned that the girl doesnt really have to know what she is doing as long as she has a good partner. I tried to hold my frame and follow the lead...it was really fun. There were also some really good dancers who were so fun to watch.

Today we have a lunch date then we are going to the Arsenal football match!!! I am so excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home