Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Monday, September 17, 2007

Crystal and Celtic football

Lets see...where were we. The first night in waterford I hit a pub to watch the Ireland rugby team play in one of the wold cup games. they just barely beat Georgia. it was fun to watch. Sunday I went to the Crystal factory and took a tour. It was pretty neat to see them all working blowing and cutting the glass. I now see why the glasswear costs so much. So much goes into just making one cup. I would hate to see any of it break.

Yesterday afternoon I watched the national cup game for Celtic football. I guess it is kind of like Aussie rules football. A cultural must see as I learned from an Irish fellow I met who explained the rules to me. Kerry won for the 35th time in a row.

Now I am in Dublin. It just started raining :( I am not sure what I will do the rest of the afternoon but tomorrow I think i am going to get the tour bus. It stops at all the sites and you can get on and off all day. I am certainly not going to drive anymore in the city.

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2007 10:26 PM, Blogger Tempe said...

Have I told you today that I am jealous of your trip...it seems like you are having a blast!! I cant wait to hear all of the details and see the photos when you get back...Check out my facebook for some pics from this weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home