Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

walking dublin

Today I have pretty much been walking around town. I got tired so i decided to take a break and write a note. My first stop was the Dublin Castle. It wasn't too exciting. Then I went to the Christ church and actually paid the 5 euros to get in. I heard that it was the one Dublin attraction that you had to go to. I don't know if that was true but it wasn't bad. The architecture and detailed sculptures were pretty neat. It also had a collection of treasures from the churches past. That exhibit was kinda creepy because it was in the crypt and there were a bunch of tombs.

After that I had an adventure trying to move my car from one garage to another. The garage I was in opens at 8am and tomorrow I have to leave before then so I needed to find a 24 hour place....anyway that's not important but I didn't have too much trouble driving.

I grabbed an OK lunch at the Bad Ass Cafe and headed towards the shopping district. I went into a bunch of stores but am not ready to lug around much at this point in my trip. I did get a deck of cards that I haven't seen anywhere else. When I leave here I am going to O'Connell street where the shopping is apparently much better. Still not planning on buying anything but it is fun to look. The street is also home to the Spire. which is this tall needle like monument. It is supposed to be Dublin's symbol...kinda like Paris has the Eiffel tower and NYC has the statue of liberty. I drove past it on the bus tour and it seems silly but oh well.

I am off to London tomorrow first thing in the morning. I am super excited!! I will have people to hang out with and will get to explore a whole new city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home