Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Saturday, October 28, 2006

random update

Well there isnt too much that is new since yesterday but I have all this random stuff that i have wanted to tell you and havent had the time.

1-in addition to the turkeys(well turkey now I think we ate one the other day) and pidgons, my family also owns a turtle. It hangs out in a bucket that collects water from our leaking sink in the bathroom. the first time i noticed him i was in there showering he started climbing out of the bucket. my little brother picks him up and scares all the girls with him. It is pretty funny. I have been sensitized against that thanks to my own little bros and cousins.

2- I want to tell you how much stuff costs. I make $30 (15000 central african francs or cfa)a week while I am in training. It will be more when I get to a village. I get breakfast and lunch at the center and dinner at home. right now I am at a cyber it is 250 cfa for an hour and a half.
500cfa = $1
550 cfa for one airmail stamp for a letter with no more than 3, 8*11 pages
300 cfa -can of coke at a boutique
600 cfa - bottle of coke at restaurant
250 cfa - 1/2 kilo sugar
1000 cfa - hamburger
500-1000 cfa - cold beer
100 cfa - 4 biscrem cookies
3500 cfa- 6 meters of fabric some nicer tissue goes for up to 12000 cfa

3- I learned this week that there really isnt an internet cafe in Kafrine. They are only in the larger town of Kolack which is at least 60 K away from my village. this means I will not be as good at electronically communicating with you as i have been now. you will have to go to good old snail mail.

4- I am going to eat pork tonight. One of my firends Bryn and I found a good little place close to where we live and it is run by christians so they have pig. yay

5- I am going to Dakar tomorrow to see the pink lak. it isnt really in dakar but it is west of here. a small group of us are going to hang out with the training coordinator. he has 2 wives so it will be interesting.

6- I found my first Senegalese boyfriend. (JK) just wanted to see if you were still paying attention. Still am finding lots of men who want to marry me. i find that fact really funny now. i am sure it will get old very soon

ok that is it for now. love you all lots! (yeen, begg naa bu bari!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home