Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Sunday, March 04, 2007

lunar ecllipse

So I made it back to my village ok. At first it felt kind of good to be back comfortable and relaxing. I realized soon after that things in my hut had been stolen and tossed around while I was away. I later saw my younger brother using something of mine that he had taken from my room. I felt really terrible to the point where I was so nervous, scared, anxious etc. that I was making myself sick to the stomach. I left the village on Tuesday and havent been back. I physically feel much better now that i am able to relax a bit in Kaokack. Dont want to think about going back there. There had been two other volunteers in the village and I havent heard one story about them having a hard time with theft so I dont know why they are targeting me now. I have phone appointments on Monday to talk about the situation with a couple of administrators for Peace Corps. I will let you know the outcome.

On a more positive note I have had a pretty good time in Kaolack the past few days. I picked up 3 packages on Friday and now have dried fruits and nuts to last a while and some other yummy treats from the states. I have been able to cook really well for myself which is fun, theraputic and delicious. I have also worked on various home improvement projects with some other people. We are covering the dining room chairs, buying a new stove for the kitchen and thinking about painting the kitchen. There has also been talk of rearranging the furniture. there are about 34 of us who share a 4 bedroom house so we need to create more sleeping areas. We need trading spaces or clean sweep or one of those TLC shows to come in and revamp our house.

Last night after eating a grilled pepperoni and cheese sandwich and watching some new to me but old to you TV episodes I went up on the roof and watched the lunar ecllipse. It was pretty cool but we never really saw the total ecllipse just the redness. the moon was very red it looked awesome. We discussed what we thought the Senegalese were thinking as they saw the moon in red. also saw some shooting stars.

Ok thats about all for now. I am trying to keep my chin up and am looking forward to coming to an adequate solution with the Peace Corps. I hope all is well. Miss you and love you all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home