Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

end of IST

Well that is it for me and agfo training. The past few days we have had a couple of good field trips to see some nice agroforestry technologies in use. Yesterday we went on a seed collecting trip so we have a base to start from when we do our tree nurseries. There are some mean thorny species here and my fingers got a bit chewed up.

After all this training they tell me that I am ready to serve. I dont know if I feel ready but I guess I just have to jump right in. I am sad to leave Thies and my friends but I now have a bunch of things to look forward to in the near future. tonight we are going out for a bit and then we are all staying at the training center. Some time in the morning I will head back to Kaolack and run errands in town before I head back to my site on friday.

I have submitted a proposal to go up to Richard Toll and work with Bryn on a garden and tree nursery. If that works out I could be up there for a week. The new training group comes into country the 15 of March so then I wont be a newbie anymore. That will be a really great feeling. Running out of time now but I should get back before I go to the village.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home