Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Friday, February 09, 2007

its a worm

yes thats right I have a worm in my tummy. His name is Ernie and he will be gone soon. I have a list of fairly classic symptoms which are not too pleasent so i will not describe them for you. Treatment is one pill which I will take tonite and that should be it. i cant wait to get rid of him.

As for everything else...Training is going well. we have spent the last two days grafting mangos and citrus trees. it was fun to be outside and doing some tree work finally. I managed to make it without any battle wounds while others were not so lucky. fortunately no fingers were lost. The agroforestry people are really great and we have been taking about collaborating a lot on projects which means I will be able to travel around the country. I started training with very little motivation but every day gets a little better. It is making me much happier. Plus we are in a go go go lifestyle right now which I thrive on so I (other than the worm) am happy.

We have also been out and about a lot to socalize. I did get to watch the superbowl but mostly I slept through it. This week I bought some fabric so I could get some shirts made. and yesterday I got the shirts back from the tailor. they are just simple tank tops but they are great and stylish for senegal. Each one total for fabric and the tailoring was less than 2 dollars. It is great. I think getting clotes made will be my new therapy here like going shopping in the states.

I think i am headed to the beach this weekend with a few people. tough life right? I know i am forgetting to tell you a story (which is really bugging me)so I will have to get back to you when i remember. for now my time is almost up. Hope all is well and i will talk to you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home