Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Thursday, March 15, 2007

early homecoming

Well I have decided to leave th Peace Corps. It has definitely not been an easy decision for me to make but it is the right one for so many reasons. To finalize my decision I made some lists with pros and cons of here and the states. the states won hands down. Here are some of my thoughts (i know i dont need to explain myself to you but it is theraputic for me plus I want you to understand where i am coming from)

As you all know I have been having a hard time with my village and my thoughts on development. My motivation to do work here slipped away from me. I found myself motivating myself in another direction to do what I really want to do. (And believe me I have had enough time to think about things in the village I now feel fairly confident that i do know what i really want to do.) My future post PC plans just started rolling and things here were just staying the same and even getting worse for me. I am not happy in the village. I am pretty sure I could push through and stay a while longer but i am not willing to give up my happiness. So I am taking off next Friday.

I feel pretty good about the decision. A huge weight has been lifted and I mentally and physically feel so much better than i have in a long time. I am sad because I have made some great friends here but I plan on supporting them from the states. I am excited about all my possibilities in the states. I want to settle down a bit when i first get home. then I want to work on making a plan for a road trip around the US. So many of you live all over the place so i am going to take advantage of you and sofa hop. I would love company too so if any of you are interested let me know. so i am going to travel around for a bit see where that takes me. life is about the journey not the destination.

I do eventually want to stay in one place and get into emergency management /disaster relief. I'm planning on volunteering with the red cross again because i dont really know how to start in this field. If you have any insights let me know.

before i get home i have to pack up my hut and do a bunch of paper work for the PC. but i tenatively have a flight for next friday. It is so crazy how fast this has all gone for me. Ok i dont know if i feel this blog was satisfactory to me so I may be back soon to ramble on some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home