Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Sunday, September 17, 2006

off to Philly

I am going to Philly tomorrow! I have had a great send off weekend. I got to go to happy hour in Fredericksburg then to a little gathering just for me! We didn't let the rain stop us for hanging around the campfire. Thanks Eddie and Erin for being great hosts! I had a very nice time and it was hard to leave. Last night, I had a nice dinner with the fam and ate some great food including home made (thanks dad) pumpkin cheesecake...yum.

Today, I just packed up my stuff. I think tomorrow we will take some photos so you can see me and my luggage. I think I did pretty good. In no particular order here is the list:

pillow, double sheet set, pillow cases, sleeping bag, wash cloth, hand towel, towel, shortwave radio, journals, fleece, rain coat, French-English/English-French dictionary, French phrase book, pocket world atlas, pocket US atlas, guide to Africa, decks of playing cards, books, sudoku book, calculator, map of Senegal, map of West Africa, map of US, map of the world, Mp3 player, USB key, goggles, combination lock, address book, small photo album, folders, bandanas, scarves, socks, bathing suit, water bottles, short sleeve Ts, spandex shorts, running shorts, pj pants, pj capris, pj top, tank tops, long sleeve shirts, long skirts, linen pants, khakis, jeans, capri pants, zip from sweat shirt, sports bras, bras, panties, stuff sacks, space bags, sneakers, flip flops, Crocs, pens, colored pencils, markers, stickers, monthly planner, small notebook, plain drawing paper, envelopes, US stamps, legal pad, head lamp, money belt, hat, hair ties, tape, scissors, shampoo/conditioner, sunscreen, face wash, face cream, cream, bug spray, anti-itch gel, floss, toothbrush, toothpaste, razors, gum chapstick, ear plugs, eye drops, ear drops, pads, band-aids, carabiners, Uno, Skipbo, LCR, frisbee, nerf balls, flash light, measuring tape, pocket knife, sewing kit, kool-aid, gifts for host family, toilet paper, thermarest, solar powered battery charger, work gloves, 6 months of prescription meds, 18 passport photos, Peace Corps paperwork.

I am sure that I am missing a couple of things but the list is long enough. And it all fits within the guidelines that the PC gave me...yay! Thanks to everyone who helped me get all my lists together and purchase all the goods that will accompany me on my big adventure! I will miss you all terribly but look forward to your emails and letters. Lots of love - B

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 8:39 PM, Blogger Tempe said...

I am going to miss you tons!! I wish you all the luck in the world as you embark on your journey!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home