Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

12 days to go

Time is flying! I had a very nice time in Boston visiting with my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I moved out of my apartment with very little hassle thanks to my parents willingness to help. We even managed to load the big red chair and it has now found a home in my parents basement. My bedroom here is definitely still a mess...most of my apartment ended up in my little bedroom here so I have some work to do.

Last weekend I went to Ohio...saw a few friends and yes their dogs :) I had a really great time both at the b'day party on Friday night and the football game on Saturday night.

I have been in touch with a couple people who have been or still are in Senegal with the Peace Corps. They have had some great advice for me. I have been taking their words of wisdom and working on my packing list. I almost have everything that I think I am going to need. Some of you have been asking me what to send me in care packages. Here is a short list...

dried fruit
beef jerky
candies (that won't melt)
books (I like history non-fiction usually but if you read something good then pass it on)
game books (sudoku, word finds)

I don't know really what else I am going to need/want until I get there but I will definitely keep you posted. I really appreciate everyone already interested in sending me packages. It would help if you had my address so here it is...

PCT Bridget Robinson
Corps de la Paix
B.P. 299
Thies, Senegal
West Africa

This is my address for training so only for the first two months. Remember to write "Air Mail" and "Par Avion" on the outside of the envelope. Also remember that it could take several weeks for me to receive your mail. (you can always start sending me mail now)
That's all for now! (I will write soon...my parents finally got DSL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home