Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Thursday, September 14, 2006

4 days to go

Ok, I have been really bad with keeping this up-to-date but you will have to get used to it because I might not have the internet very often in Senegal. There has been a lot going on as you can imagine. Last weekend I went down to good old Fredericksburg for a party. Everyone at my former office came out and we BBQed, played pool (of course I won) and said our goodbyes. It was a very nice time and I want to thank Stacey, Dale and the pups for hosting it :)

The past week I have been getting the rest of my stuff together....Passing info off to my parents, and laying out the rest of my belongings that I am taking with me. I am good to go now. I weighed my bags yesterday and I have about 77 pounds which is right under my weight limit of 80 pounds. I am very excited, anxious, nervous and sad to be leaving for so long and soooo soon. Mostly I am excited; I can't wait to meet new people and have tons of new experiences.

I have a busy weekend before I am off to Philly. I am going down to Fredericksburg again for another party...Should be an excellent time. I cant wait to see everyone but I am sure it is going to be hard to say goodbye. Then I have a relaxing evening planned with the fam and friends on Saturday. I am also going to load some photos up on this thing. I want a practice run before I do it in Senegal. I am sure that there are lots of other last minute things that will come up too before Monday. I am going to run but I will surely be back before I take off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home