Bridget's Blog: The Next Step

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Sickness #1

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and got everything you wished for. I got a plastic bowl with a lid, some sugar, tea candies and small glasses. We had a Yankee swap thing at the beach. The beach was awesome. It was really clean and pretty and we stayed in a great place. you should all come visit me just so we can go to the beach. Got to swim in the water, it was a little chilly but not too bad. We met some volunteers from Guinea and one from Zambia. I ended up staying 2 nights instead of the planned one night. When I got back to the regional house I got kinda sick though. Stomach stuff. A lot of people had it. I ended up resting at the regional house for a couple extra nights, watched some movies and did a whole lot of nothing. Now I am taking some meds for it so I am starting to feel a little bit better. I can rest more in the village.

There isnt really too much to report since the last post. It was not as hard as I thought it would be to be away for Christmas. Although it didnt feel like Christmas at all. I have been out of the village for 6 nights and I am actually looking forward to going back so that is a step in the right direction. And now I have just under 6 weeks until I return to Thies for In Service Training(IST). Today I have been in country for 3.5 months. I have a lot of time on my hands to figure these things out. And it is a really big accomplishment. Getting through a day is a big deal. Having little things like IST to look forward to really helps. Ok, I know this one wasnt very exciting but I will come up with more for you in a couple of weeks. Love you all! Happy New Year and Tabaski!

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Bridget!
Your parents passed your blog link on to me. Wow! What an experience! We wish you the very best in your endeavors!

You go girl!

Love from your neighbors, the Williams family!
-Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home